Our New Year's Resolutions for Dallas
1. Listen to the guys who want to Tear down 345.
Justin Terveen Let's be better in 2014, Dallas.
2. Find a sensible solution to the Uber-Yellow feud.
3. Build more freeway parks so we can play ultimate Frisbee on 635.
4. Fewer valet stands, more bike racks.
5. Fewer police shootings, more transparency when they happen.
6. More small farmers markets.
7. Put these things called sidewalks next to the roads. All of them.
8. Keep more restaurants kitchens open after 10 p.m.
9. Kill the wedge salad forever.
10. Levy special tax on all buildings covered in neon lights. Use tax to fill potholes.
11. The WalMart on Lower Greenville takes up too much dead space. Let's install a cheap Truck Yard knock-off in its parking lot.
12. Public flogging and fire ants for drivers who come closer than 10 feet to bicycles or scooters.
13. Allow drilling in the Park Cities. If it's good enough for the rest of us ...
14. Get a bus route to the airport and/or the Ballpark at Arlington
15. Try not to start any more music festivals.
16. Spend more time at White Rock Lake
17. Shut up about JFK.
18. Plant some grass somewhere. Anywhere.
19. Trees. More trees.
20. Reorient Museum Tower away from Nasher, toward Houston.