43 Things You Won't Find in the George W. Bush Library
The most interesting of the three institutions that comprise the sprawling George W. Bush Presidential Center at SMU is the museum, which is filled with artifacts from the former president's life. There's the bullhorn he used to address first responders from the rubble of Ground Zero in 2001, the windbreaker he wore during a secret Thanksgiving trip to Baghdad, a voting booth from Sumter County, Florida. There's even Decision Points Theater, basically a role playing game in which you get to play Bush as he decides whether to send federal help to New Orleans or invade Iraq.
But while curators strove to include both the successes and controversies, the collection is far from encyclopedic. Below is a list of things without which the museum will be woefully incomplete.
1. "Awesome Speech Your Holiness": A Video Installation
2. Dick Cheney's Original Heart
3. "Mission Accomplished!" Banner
4. A Wall That Looks Deceivingly Door-Like
5. A Ball Pit
6. A Glimpse into Vladimir Putin's Soul
7. A Sideways Elevator
8. Virtual WMD Locator
10. His Complete Mountain Biking Wardrobe
11. Miniature Replica of Post-Katrina Superdome