Top 10 Mayor Tom Photos of '10
If 2010 turns out to be Mayor Tom Leppert's last full year in office before he attempts to snag Kay Bailey Hutchison's U.S. Senate seat in the March 2012 primary, it was certainly another productive year for the workaholic. Whoever takes his place has a lot to live up to as far as appearances go -- that is, since Leppert seemingly can be found somewhere in the city at any given time cutting a ribbon with oversized scissors, reissuing a speech or inking his name with a Sharpie onto the latest construction project.
So, much like I've done in past years, I took a look back at Leppert's 10 best photo ops and present them to the Friends of Unfair Park as a belated holiday treat. Enjoy, and please let me know your caption suggestions or link to any pics I missed in the comments.
10. Leppert signs his name inside the Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge.
9. Leppert hangs with new buddy Robert Duvall at a fund-raiser for the Dallas International Film Festival.
8. Leppert poses for a New York Times story about the World Series match-up.
7. Leppert looks like he wants to fight a citizen at a town hall held at W.W. Bushman Elementary.
Allison V. Smith
6. Leppert mesmerizes the crowd with his steely blue laser eyes after cutting the ribbon at the Jubilee Park community center .
5. Leppert, pastor Robert Jeffress and Mark Lovvorn collectively hit the shiny red button that triggered the implosion of First Baptist Dallas.
4. Leppert's eyes wander as he shares a laugh with City Manager Mary Suhm before postponing the vote on concessions at Dallas Love Field for a second time.
3. Leppert finds out what's in Richard Branson's hat before announcing Virgin America's D/FW service to California. And, apparently, he liked it.
2. Leppert has way too much fun with Mayor Pro Tem Dwaine Caraway at the Dallas Zoo's Giants of the Savanna exhibit unveiling.
1. Leppert's unleashes a premature fist pump prior to the beginning of the convention center hotel's topping out ceremony.
Patrick Michels Sam Merten