City Offers Love Field Fliers Some Tips on How to Have a "Safe and Pleasant Experience"
|Love Field does not look like this. Not yet. But it will. One day. So they say.|
When you get where you're going, make this: Brussels Sprouts with Marjoram and Pine Nuts. Trust me.Thanksgiving Travel Information for Love Field Airport Passengers
Tuesday, November 23, 2010 -- Travelers using Dallas Love Field Airport this Thanksgiving to fly out or pick up passengers should make note of recent changes to ensure a safe and pleasant experience.
Since some holiday travelers may not be familiar with the on-going Love Field Modernization Program and the reconfiguration of the Airport, the Airport would like to reiterate the following:
- Terminal 1 accommodates all passenger activity for Delta and Continental/United Airlines. This includes a Transportation Security Administration (TSA) checkpoint, ticketing, baggage check in and baggage claim area. Garage B is the most convenient parking for Terminal 1.
- Terminal 2 will continue to serve Southwest Airlines passengers. This includes curbside check in, Transportation Security Administration (TSA) checkpoint, ticketing, baggage check in and baggage claim area. Garages A and B are still convenient parking for Terminal 2.
- To travel between Terminal 1 and Terminal 2, customers should follow signs and use the Garage Pedestrian Bridge.
- The Cell Phone parking lot has been relocated to just south of its original location. This site holds 45 vehicles and is located on the east side of Cedar Springs Road, north of the long-term parking shuttle and the Hertz Rental Car Facility. Follow directional signs along Cedar Springs.
- As you enter the Terminal 2 you will notice some changes. Signage is posted on the lobby wall describing the Love Field Modernization Program and the future design of the airport.
- LUV Helpers, volunteers in Red Vests, can direct you to your terminal and answer questions regarding construction and relocation.
- When arriving to the airport, tune in to Love Radio 1580 AM for information on traffic and updates related to Love Field.