Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington Names Gov. Perry "Worst"
- Allegedly disregarded campaign finance laws and aided a business that was especially generous to his campaign
- Refused to operate transparently, and has blocked access to information related to a death penalty case
- Rejected federal stimulus funds in a manner that appeared to put partisan politics ahead of the interests of the citizens of Texas
- Has perpetuated the revolving door between government and special interests
- Accepted travel and campaign donations from a business that received benefits from his official actions
- Used campaign funds for a personal trip with questionable relevance to his campaign for office