10. First couple of rounds I actually thought Antonio Margarito had a chance against Manny Pacquiao. Margarito charged ahead and threw bigger punches. But the end result of most of the center-ring skirmishes was him running into a swarm of gnats. The cumulative effect proved catastrophic as he spent Saturday night at Methodist Medical Center with a fractured orbital bone.
9. Promoter Bob Arum expected as many as 65,000 but only 43,000 showed. So much for his theory based on the "Mexican walk-up." Didn't see many celebs, either. Bummer.
8. To me, boxing is full of badass mofos. But members of both Pacquiao's and Margarito's posses wore Affliction T-shirts, which, according to you guys, is a sure sign of a douchebaggery. So boxers = douchers? I need some clarification.
7. I'm not down with the 10-point must system, but by my sportswriter math Pacquiao won 11 rounds with one tied.
6. Pacquiao entered the ring to AC/DC's "Thunder." Margarito? Dunno. Sounded like something you'd hear from one of those traveling bands meandering along the Riverwalk in San Antonio. No bueno.More »