2011 Dallas Cowboys Training Camp Day 14: My Top 10 Observer-ations
9. Tried San Antonio's famed Mi Tierra restaurant last night. Only a 20-minute wait, but horribly slow service and only so-so food. Disappointing. Mi Cocina still the best.
8. Linebacker Anthony Spencer's beard is approaching Brian Wilson's.
7. You can tell camp is winding down. Even Jason Garrett's "football" propensity is dwindling. During his daily Noon press conferences he's issued a high of 24 "football"s but yesterday only delivered nine.
6. To me the biggest bummer of camp was not getting to take a peak at third-round draft pick DeMarco Murray. He may be the team's best running back at some point, but he's got a lot of catching up to do.
5. Seems like I say this a lot, but at least once a day my eyes are drawn to an impressive play being made by undrafted free-agent linebacker Alex Albright.
4. Garrett yesterday compared defining a physical football team to defining porn, recalling Supreme Court Justice Potter Stewart's iconic 1964 line: "I know it when I see it."
3. First player out at walkthrough this morning? Tyron Smith.
2. Monday's kicking stats: Dan Bailey 4-of-4 from 43, 27, 32 and 36. David Buehler 3-of-4 with makes from 26, 33 and 42 and a miss (left) from 37. At this point I don't trust either of them.
1. Abe Elam, welcome to camp. On a goal-line sequence yesterday he stopped Felix Jones at the 1 and then blanketed intended target Jason Witten in the end zone. Elam is wearing No. 24. Asked to name a former Cowboy who wore the number, he bypassed cornerbacks Everson Walls and Larry Brown and running back Marion Barber for ... "Omar Stoutmire." Not wrong. Just weird.