Baseball Goes Bonkers: The Top 5 Championship Celebrations in Sports
Does baseball over-celebrate? Or, perhaps, do they do it just right?
Think about the Mavs' reaction after a 31-year wait to win the NBA Finals. Reduced to tears of joy Dirk Nowitzki left his teammates, who hugged and smiled but otherwise were humble and civilized.
You'll see more joyous, raucous celebrations on any given night in Major League Baseball after a walk-off win.
The Rangers had a dog pile after beating the Yankees to win the ALCS. The Stars wildly threw gloves and sticks upon winning the Stanley Cup. The Cowboys lifted coach Tom Landry after a ride after Super Bowl VI.
So, what's the best way to celebrate a championship?
5. BASKETBALL -- Joy, but no consistent, definitive, signature moment.
4. AUTO RACING -- Milk at Indy; The infield burnout.
3. FOOTBALL -- The obligatory Gatorade dump adorned in confetti.
2. BASEBALL -- Who needs gloves and caps and personal space after a seven-month journey?
1. HOCKEY -- The dogpile, punctuated by the classic handshake line.