The Top 10 Best Moments From the Texas Rangers' 2010 Playoff Run
10. After an
generous incorrect no-call on a check swing, Michael Young blasts a three-run homer to center field on the next pitch as Texas races to a 5-0 lead in Game 2 of the ALDS en route to a 2-0 series lead in Tampa Bay.
9. Presidents Bush and Dubya Bush drive to the pitcher's mound and throw out the ceremonial first pitch before Game 4 of the World Series. Don't care what your politics are, that was a goose-bump moment.
8. Shoving a raucous sellout into delirium, Colby Lewis strikes out the side - including Derek Jeter - against the Yankees in the 8th inning of ALCS Game 6 to protect a 6-1 lead and set the stage for a 9th-inning party in Arlington.
7. Yanking a 3-2 deficit into a two-run lead, catcher Bengie Molina smacks a three-run homer down Yankee Stadium's left-field line as the Rangers snatch control of Game 4 on their way to a 3-1 series lead in the ALCS.
6. Aggressively and perfectly executing a rare double-steal, Elvis Andrus races home and slides in safely in the 1st inning of ALCS Game 2 to give the Rangers a 1-0 lead and immediately erase the ugly memories of a Game 1 bullpen meltdown the night before.
5. After Mitch Moreland's gritty at-bat produced a three-run homer three innings earlier, Josh Hamilton homers to right in the 5th inning of World Series Game 3 to push the Rangers to a commanding 4-0 lead.
4. Capping a masterful performance in ALCS Game 3 in The Bronx, Cliff Lee punctuates a 13-strikeout, two-hit night by fanning Jorge Posada and Brett Gardner in the 8th inning of an eventual 8-0 Rangers' win.
3. Darren O'Day gets the Giants' Buster Posey to ground out with a runner on to end the 8th inning of World Series Game 3, sending Texas into the 9th with a 4-2 lead that stood up for the franchise's first - and only - World Series win.
2. Ian Kinsler hits a two-run homer to left in the 9th inning, giving Texas a 5-1 lead in decisive Game 5 against the Tampa Bay Rays and securing the Rangers' first ever playoff series victory.
1. Neftali Feliz strikes out Alex Rodriguez looking to end Game 6 of the ALCS and propel the Rangers into their first World Series and set off an on-field celebration amidst confetti and champagne.