The Top 10 Things I Learned on Staycation
9. 36 holes of golf in one day is plenty.
8. SMU worked hard to attract a special coach like June Jones. I hope they work just as hard to keep him.
7. We're finally about to find out what happens in September when a Cowboys' season oozing with Super Bowl hopes collides into a Rangers' pennant race.
6. You want to see some of the hottest, drunkest women around? Cape Buffalo on a Friday night. Tons of 'em.
5. Nothing better than being on a calm Texas lake for a summer sunset.
4. With two very time-sensitive jobs (deadlines, commercial breaks, yadda yadda and more yadda), the real treat for me was escaping control of the clock. If just for a week.
3. Sometimes being bored isn't a condition, it's an achievement.
2. Watching Jerry Jones on Entourage and George Steinbrenner in memoriam, I hope we all realize what a treasure we have in the Cowboys owner. I do.
1. I missed you guys. Yep, even you, Russell.