The Top 10 Greatest Coaches in the History of Ever
|Tom Landry's Statue|
John Wooden had three golden rules that, come to think of it, would make us all better humans:
Be on time. Don't curse. Never criticize your friends.
The legendary UCLA basketball coach left our planet a worse place over the weekend, leaving behind a legacy of 10 national championships and one of my all-time favorite quotes:
"'Talent is God-given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful."
Only question left about Wooden. Is the greatest coach that ever lived?
Too much of sports is slathered in stats, awash in titles and honors and votes. I put this list together by feel. If I had one coach in a game played with my life on the line, who would I want on my bench?
10. Bear Bryant, Alabama football.
9. Mike Krzyzewski, Duke basketball.
8. Scotty Bowman, Detroit Red Wings hockey.
7. Paul Brown, Cleveland Browns football.
6. Bill Walsh, San Francisco 49ers football.