The Top 10 Best Character Names in Sports Movies That I Could Think of Off the Top of My Head
|Jesus saves. And shoots.|
Because they turned their back on Jesus.
Boston Celtics' guard Ray Allen - who played "Jesus Shuttlesworth" in Spike Lee's He Got Game - went off on L.A. He hit a Finals-record eight 3-pointers, scored 27 points in the first half and propelled a 103-94 win that evened the series at 1-1.
How the Lakers continually allowed Allen open looks is inexplicable. And how Jesus Shuttlesworth isn't the all-time best sports movie character name is just as astounding ...
10. Morris Buttermaker - Bad News Bears.
9. Moses Guthrie - The Fish That Saved Pittsburgh
8. Crash Davis - Bull Durham.
7. Clubber Lang - Rocky III.
6. Ricky Bobby - Talladega Nights.