Wowboys 37, Filthy Birds 21: My Top 10 Observations
AP Not a one-hit wonder after all.
9. A 16-point blowout of a quality opponent is nice. But you can't discount the fact that the Cowboys had a big advantage coming off their bye week. They are now 16-5 all-time off the bye, including wins in eight of their last nine.
8. Another giant game from Miles Austin (6-171-2). Are you the least bit bothered that the dude facially resembles A-Rod?
7. I don't think it's too early for this: The Cowboys' No. 1 receiver is Miles Austin and their best cornerback is Mike Jenkins. Any argument?
6. Maybe I somehow missed this, but where are the banners for the Cowboys' five Super Bowl championships hanging in Cowboys Stadium? Don't tell me someone forgot them in Texas Stadium.
5. Nothing more strange than seeing Nate Newton hug Tanya Tucker outside the Cowboys' locker room.
4. At 11:15 a.m. tight end Martellus Bennett was
Twittering Twatting Tweeting about T-shirts and ticket giveaways. Then he goes out and catches three passes, his best game of the season. Tweet away, Marty B. Tweet away.
3. Credit to the Cowboys' pass rush. They sacked Matt Ryan four times after he had been nabbed only twice in 156 passing attempts entering today. Seems like a good week for DeMarcus Ware to nudge owner Jerry Jones about those contract extension talks.
2. That, my friends, is vintage Tony Romo. Not just the accurate throwing day and flawless decision-making that led to 21 of 29 for 311 yards, three touchdowns and no interceptions. It was the David Blaine escape from three Falcons' linemen en route to finding Patrick Crayton for a 5-yard touchdown pass just before halftime that reminded us that Romo can indeed be an elite NFL quarterback. Only a handful of guys have the skill - or will - to make that play. Said Romo, "Sometimes safe is death. You have to do something extraordinary every once in a while." For what it's worth, Romo often wore his cap bill forward on the sideline and donned a Payne Stewart Tam O'Shanter after the game. Good to have you back, Tony. We missed you.
1. After a week in which he was demoted at receiver (by Miles Austin) and kick returner (by Allen Rossum), Patrick Crayton scores touchdowns via reception and punt return. If he was awarded a game ball, I wonder if head coach Wade Phillips bothered to check to see if anyone told him about it?