10 Reasons Why You're Going To The Ticket's Fight Night
Photo by Mike Brooks
On Thursday, August 29, Sportsradio 1310 The Ticket takes over the Village Country Club with a ring, a copy of the Marquess of Queensbury Rules, and a slew of ever loyal P1s.
That's right folks, it's time for Fight Night '13, an event members of the Hardline call "The best thing the station does." Just in case you were still on the fence about going, we're giving you 10 reasons why your attendance is mandatory.
1. Corona Light is the head sponsor: Texas heat + cold beer + boxing = Awesome. This is the simplest math you will ever do.
2. Intern Mike: Last year Intern Mike was decimated in the ring, and well ... just watch this video.
3. Three-round fights: Listen, no one wants to see some amateur fighter die from heat exhaustion, swinging limp-armed in a 32-round Jack Johnson tribute. Three rounds gives the fighters time to feel each other out, break through their nerves, realize the whole thing is about to be over and swing wildly.
4. Brooklyn versus Texas: Local musician Jimmy Menkena hails from Brooklyn, yet chooses to live in the great state of Texas because, well, who wouldn't? This hasn't stopped the Hardline from billing his bout as Yankee versus Texan as he steps into the ring with one of Texas' chosen sons.
5. The Last Hurrah of the "Manicotti Hottie": For the third and final time, The Manicotti Hottie takes the ring in hopes of demolishing her competition ... make of this what you will.