35th Annual DRC Half Marathon: Our Top 5 Observations
|Margret Fugitt Janda|
|Runners Bringing it Home at the 35th Annual DRC Half Marathon|
1. Getting smoked by heavily pregnant ladies ought to be against the rules; they're working with a teammate. Not fair.
2. If you're not wearing neon (shoes, headband, laces or elsewise), why did you even show your face?
3. Despite the fantastic cats from DPD who helped keep the course clear and safe for runners, every race will inevitably feature some crazed douchette in a Beemer honking and almost plowing over defenseless runners. You know who you are, and the entire City of Dallas thinks you're a creep.
4. Trending fad: Facebook tagging oneself at mile-markers. As in, "Brentney Hamilton is at mile 11 ... and she just pooped herself."
5. It's great to run with a group, but be sure to make new friends by asking the wildly bedecked lady beside you where she got her sparkling tutu and by laughing with the three big dudes who click their heels for the camera at mile nine.
Oh, and as always, thanks to the police officers and volunteers at water stations! They were a built-in cheering section and deserve a little encouragement in return.