33 Ways to Tell You're Spending Too Much Time in Oak Cliff
In many ways Oak Cliff is the soul of Dallas -- home to several of its best restaurants and most vital residents. Its finest music venue, The Kessler, is the great counter-argument to all those who would accuse Dallas of worshipping only the new and shiny. The theater is an architectural marvel, victim of a tornado and a fire and years of neglect and now a careful, beautiful listening room. It's right where it belongs.
You love Oak Cliff, but have you ever wondered if you've been living there for too long? If any of the following indicators hit close to home, the question has probably crossed your mind before.
33. Everyone you know is self-employed.
32. Your car reeks of al pastor tacos.
31. Your favorite rapper goes to the same salon as you.
Lori Bandi. See more here.
30. Your brunch at Ten Bells Tavern often turns into dinner at Ten Bells Tavern.
29. You don't watch Real Housewives. You just eavesdrop on white women in the Bishop Arts District on the weekends.
Flickr/gabrielsaldana Get elotes good enough and you'll feel like you're at a beach, anyway.
28. You have a preferred elotes man.
27. Every March 31st, you go to Country Burger for a Selena burger. RIP.
26. You know that North Oak Cliff Beer & Wine delivers.