The Ten Most Badass Band Names in DFW
The best band names play upon the pop cultural lexicon, using reference to convey attitude or sound. The best ones do so subtly or unexpectedly, turning injustices or misconceptions in on themselves. I've gathered the 10 most intriguing and kick-ass of the rowdy and reckless DFW band names as an excuse to talk about the bands we love and what their names mean to me.
10. Bitch Teeth: I'm thinking of that scene in American History X, when Ed Norton stomps that guys head into the curb. Wait, what's wrong with me? Well, that guy lost his teeth and Edward Furlong was kind of a little bitch in that movie, so I guess it somehow makes sense.
Start here: "Hey Asshole"
9. The Atomic Tanlines: In their world: We trade nukes, everything's blown to shit and only the roaches survive. Well, them and a few bikini-clad babes riding around on Harleys, toting guns and sporting the sickest tan lines in the apocalypse.
Start here: "Skank Around"
8. Terminator 2: We're about to go back to the what? Ninties! So many beefcakes in that movie: Arnie, T-1OOO, Linda Hamilton. This is all about ball-busting exploding metal and that weird time you had sex with your best friend after too much box wine.
Start with: "Methodic and Serpentine"
7. Bukkake Moms: Really? Do not Google.
Start with: "Not Your Boner Bro"
6. Sealion: Such an underrated animal the sea lion is. I've always imagined the name was a thinly veiled reference to a girl, or a type of girl, that one of the members can't shake. Plus, listening to this band always reminds me of campy skits at the waterpark involving mischievous otters and sardonic walruses. It also makes me think of Jesscia Alba in Flipper.
Start with: "Vails"