The Benefit of In-Store Performances in Cold, Hard, Record Sales Numbers
Wayne "The Train" Hancock
This is not your everyday Billboard chart. Each week, we'll tell you which bands are selling in the fine record shops in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex, where we consumers of music have impeccable taste.
Local performer, Wayne Hancock recently released his new album Ride and reaches top ten in sales at Bill's Records.
And do not underestimate the value of an in-store performance, which landed a couple albums on the Good Records chart."Two bands benefited from performing "Live From The Astroturf" at Good Records this week," says sales associate Mark Church. "Dawes and Alpha Rev made appearances and reached top ten."
1. Dawes - Stories Don't End CD (Instore Performance)
2. Dawes - Stories Don't End LP (Instore Performance)
3. Phosphorescent - Muchacho LP
4. Alpha Rev - Bloom CD (Instore Performance)
5. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Specter At The Feast
6. Phosphorescent - Muchacho CD
7. Low - The Invisible Way LP
8. Dawes - North Hills LP (Instore Performance)
9. Atoms For Peace - Amok LP
10. Youth Lagoon - Wondrous Bughouse LP
1. Ben Harper and Charlie Musselwhite - Get Up!
2. Black Keys - El Camino
3. Mumford and Sons - Babel
4. Gary Clark Jr. - Blk & Blu
5. Rodriguez - Cold Fact
6. Alabama Shakes - Boys & Girls
7. Avett Brothers - Carpenter
8. Wayne Hancock - Ride
9. Kelly Willis and Bruce Robinson - Cheaters Game
10. Ray Wylie Hubbard - Grifter's Hymnal