Is Adele's 21 the 21st Century Commercial Equivalent to Thriller?
This is not your everyday Billboard chart. Each week, we'll tell you which bands are selling in the fine record shops in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex, where we consumers of music have impeccable taste.
Fleetwood Mac will be playing in Dallas at the American Airlines Center June 4, and their reissue records are already making headway.
"I'm really excited about the Fleetwood Mac Rumours reissue," says CD Source owner Lance Price. "The second disc consists entirely of live versions of songs from their self titled and Rumours albums during their 1977 tour. I'm looking forward to listening to that because I saw them the following year at the Cotton Bowl. It was one of the best concerts I've ever seen. Lindsay Buckingham's guitar work and Mick Fleetwood on drums really stood out in a live setting, and that was their peak period."
Price says Adele's 21 is the Thriller of the 21st Century in terms of its longevity. "It was our biggest seller in 2011 and second biggest seller in 2012."
Mark Church, sales associate at Good Records, was most excited about Dallas locals making the top sales this week. "Great to see locals Unconscious Collective make the top ten," says Church. "For those who don't know, this is a trio consisting of Gregg Prickett and the Gonzalez brothers Aaron & Stefan."
1. Charlie Wilson - Love Charlie
2. Miles Davis - Live In Europe 1969: The Bootleg Series Vol 2 (3 CDs/ 1 DVD)
3. Fleetwood Mac - Rumours (Expanded Edition 3 CD Set)
4. Tegan & Sara - Heartthrob
5. Curtis Mayfield - Very Best Of
6. Local Natives - Hummingbird
7. Lumineers - Lumineers
8. Tomahawk - Oddfellows
9. Adele - 21
10. Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More
1. Local Natives - Hummingbird (Deluxe)CD
2. Local Natives - Hummingbird LP
3. Toro Y Moi - Anything In Return CD
4. Foxygen - We Are the 21st Century Ambassadors of Peace & Magic LP
5. Lumineers - Lumineers LP
6. Tegan & Sara - Heartthrob CD
7. Various Artists - Velvet Underground & Nico Tribute LP
8. XX - Coexist LP
9. Unconscious Collective - Unconscious Collective LP
10. Kendrick Lamar - Good Kid LP
1. Ben Harper and Charlie Musselwhite - Get Up
2. Gary Clark Jr. - Blak & Blu
3. Mumford and Sons - Babel
4. Avett Brothers - Carpenter
5. Alabama Shakes - Boys & Girls
6. Black Keys - El Camino
7. Rodriguez - Cold Fact
8. Rodriguez - Coming From Reality
9. Ben Harper - By My Side
10. Ray Wylie Hubbard - Grifter's Hymnal
If you sell music anywhere in the metroplex and would like to participate in this column in the future, please contact Megan Morris at email@example.com