10 Lessons Learned at SXSW 2012, Day One
SXSW soldiers on through Sunday, of course, but before our minds go supernova from the the plethora of great music, we'd like to share a few important things learned after Day One in the Chaos Machine. Also, our feet are like blood balloons so we need to sit down. That's another lesson: Bring 1,400 pairs of shoes to SXSW 2013.
All photos by Nick Rallo Keep your arms still while photographing, or you just might lose the Best Photo of Two People Ever. Shame.
10. Jonathan Meiburg of Shearwater looks like Every Guy You Went to High School With, except he sings in deep firestorms of Beck-like hurt.
From My Old Kentucky Blogspot's day party
9. When someone asks, "Do you want my bag of Fritos?" you always say yes.
8. The more a club on Sixth Street smells like a sewer troll's asshole, the better the beer probably is.
7. Cover songs from Bruce Springsteen's Nebraska are strongly encouraged. Apache Relay, a raucous Americana band, performed a kick-ass version of "State Trooper" at Swan Dive.
6. Hula Hoop Girl is difficult subject matter.