The Best Damn Fictional Movie Bands Ever!
There's a lot of bad movies out there made better by music. There are also a lot of indie movies out there made famous by music.
The unsung heroes, however--beyond the Oscar--winning soundtracks and the Garden States of the world--are those great bands made up completely for the benefit of the movie. In other words: Where would we all be without the joy of This Is...Spinal Tap? It would be a grim, un-fantastic movie world, that's for sure.
This list of the best fictional bands ever created for Hollywood is merely a tip of the iceberg. But, we hope, it's still a solid catalog of the very best fictional bands out there in film.
It's also possible that this list is just an excuse to talk about Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure.
Anyway, check our list out after the jump.
1. Spinal Tap - This is Spinal Tap
2. Citizen Dick - Singles
3. The Wonders, aka The One-ders - That Thing You Do!
4. Stillwater - Almost Famous
5. Eddie and The Cruisers - Eddie and The Cruisers
6. Josie & the Pussycats - Josie & the Pussycats
7. Berko, also Rex Manning - Empire Records
8. Bad Blake - Crazy Heart
9. The Kinky Wizards/Barry Jive & the Uptown Five/Kathleen Turner Overdrive/Sonic Death Monkey - High Fidelity
10. Hey, That's My Bike - Reality Bites
|Hey, That's My Bike|