Today In Music News: Phish At Bonnaroo, Barenaked Ladies In Boxes, RIAA At Home and Lil Wayne In Trouble. Late Add: Michael Jackson Fighting For His Life?
Your top national music stories for Monday, December 22, 2008:
- It's never too early to start talking about the '09 festival season: It looks like a reunited Phish may headline two nights at Bonnarroo this year. So you'd better start letting that beard grow out now. But, you still have a few months to go before you can stop showering.
- Barenaked Ladies are preparing to release a box set of their material. Sweet! Hopefully it will have both of their good songs!
- The RIAA has decided that suing people for illegally downloading music isn't working. So, now they are going to get your ISP provider to tell you to stop.
- Weezy may know how to make a hit single, but he doesn't know how to clear samples. Maybe he has been spending a little too much time locked behind Xanax bars to realize he needed clearance. --Lance Lester
- Late add: Could Michael Jackson be fighting for his life? A Jackson biographer says the King of Pop is suffering from a rare lung ailment and may be too weak to undergo surgery.