Good Friday: DOMA Showcase Weekend Edition
So, we've told you about a bunch of shows this weekend. There are some great ones tonight (the Hieroglyphics show at the Granada, the London Nights party at minc ), Saturday (Portugal. The Man and Facing New York at House of Blues) and Sunday (Republic Tigers at Hailey's, Todd Rundgren at HOB). There are also some other worthwhile ones, like:
- The Breakfast Show, Nathan Singleton and RTB2 at The Double Wide tonight
- The Pegasus News Showcase at Club Dada tonight
- Less Than Jake at HOB tonight
- Jack Ingram and Martina McBride at Superpages.com Center tonight
- Beauxregard, Rivercrest Yacht Club and MC Router (in her last show ever under this moniker) at Lola's in Fort Worth tonight
- The Animal House 2 Show at The Double Wide on Saturday with Sydney Confirm, The Kul and Prince William
- Marked Men, Wax Museums, Birthday Suits and Bad Sports at Rubber Gloves in Denton on Saturday
- The Rock 'n' Roll For A Cure show at Lola's on Saturday with Burning Hotels, Telegraph Canyon, The Lifters, Red Herrings and more.
- The Joshua Radin and Vanessa Carlton show at HOB on Saturday
- The Drams at The Granada on Sunday
But, obviously--as we've been mentioning it pretty much ad nauseum lately--the big show this week (for us--and for you, if you care as much about local music as you should) is our DOMA Showcase on Lowest Greenville.
Oh, like this is a surprise? C'mon, you know it's a sweet deal. For a five-spot, you'll get into five venues (Gezellig, Stout, Billiard Bar, Sugar Shack and The Cavern) and you'll have the opportunity to see up to 30 of our Dallas Observer Music Awards nominees playing their asses off in a last-ditched effort to earn your votes ('cause voting ends on Saturday night) before our ceremony on Tuesday. It all kicks off at 7 p.m. and it goes pretty much until the bars close.
So we'll see you there? Yeah, we know we will. --Pete Freedman