The Oscar Mayer Weinermobile is Looking for Drivers (Hotdoggers). Here's An Interview and Details On Your New Dream Job.
Who isn't intrigued by the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile? It's a fascinating piece of mobile Americana. Recently the hotdog all-purpose vehicle made a few appearances locally and Hotdogger Holly Nelson sent me an email that the Oscar Mayer team is currently looking for the next crop of seasoned drivers and ambassadors to travel the country in the Wienermobile.
Oscar Mayer Hotdoggers Jumping
And I thought, "Wait, that's a real, full-time job?"
It is. They even request resumes from recent college grads, which for some reason made it even more fascinating.
If I could give any advice to a soon-to-graduate college kid, it would be apply for this job! Do it!
Here are a few interesting pointers from their media kit to get us started. Soak this up:
• Each year Oscar Mayer selects 12 college graduates to be "pilots" and anoints them "Hotdoggers."
• June of 2012 marked the 25th year of this program.
• Hotdoggers go through an average of "75 puns a day." That's 5 million in the last 25 years. "That's bunderful, right?" (Hold tight. This is a builder, I promise.)
• Only 378 Hotdoggers have ever driven the Wienermobile. It's a select group.
• About 1,200 people apply for the 12 spots as Hotdoggers and only 1 percent "cut the mustard."
• Every Hotdogger has a partner to ride "shotbun" (see, told you it just keeps building). Each duo covers one of six different regions in the United States and "haul buns" to about 1,500 events a year.
• To "ketchup" with the Hotdoggers, visit the HotdoggerBlog.com.
Next: An interview with actual Hotdogger, Holly Nelson...