Our Holiday Gift List of Kickass Food Of-the-Month Clubs
The Of-the-month club: It's the holiday gift that keeps on giving, and giving, and giving--whether the receiver likes it or not. There are wine of-the-month clubs and of course, fruit of-the-month clubs. But why pick something so played-out when you could give one of these totally braggable (and pretty ridiculous) of-the-month subscriptions from our list of Kickass Of The Month Clubs:
1) Bacon. In the mail. Gift this "Bacon is meat candy" gourmet bacon-of-the-month club subscription from Baconfreak.com and make any bacon-lover squeal. (That is, if you're willing to fork over almost 500 bucks for a year-long subscription. It's not really that much if you think about it in comparison to the hospital bills you're in for.)
2) Bacon plus other stuff of the month! What could possibly be better than a bacon subscription? A bacon plus other stuff subscription! Bacon and pancakes subscription! Bacon and coffee subscription! And, here it is: the bacon and pancakes and coffee subscription!!!!!
3) Peanut butter and jelly of the month. Everybody loves PB&J-- and getting the most basic of condiments delivered to your door every month is a ridiculous thought. The receiver of this PB&J subscription won't be getting stupid, old Jif in the mail, because that's not how Amazing Gifts rolls. "Every month we'll deliver new varieties of hard-to-find, gourmet peanut butters & jellies from small, boutique peanut butter and jelly makers around the world." Mmm. Fancy!
4) Gelato of the month. It's ice cream for snobs! And now, thanks to Capogiro Gelato Artisans, you can have six seasonal pints of the stuff delivered to your gelato-fiend family member's doorstep four times a year. In spring they get honeysuckle and rhubarb, fall is sweet potato with pecan praline and pomegranate, winter is chestnut and black walnut and in summer they get blackberry and blueberry with thyme. Sounds gelicious.
5) Nut of the month. When we first heard about nut of-the-month clubs, we thought the porn industry was really onto something. But then we clicked the link at trymynuts.com , and quickly realized that this nut of the month subscription was food stuff and not weird adult toy stuff. Trymynuts.com will send jalapeno peanuts, bourbon praline pecans and a variety of other nuts to the gift receiver's door every month for three months, six months, nine months or a year. Bonus: If you give this gift, you get to say the words "nut of the month club" aloud at least once.
If none of these strike your fancy, you can always go with a classic choice: the sockscription. "No more sock stress!"