Sloppy Seconds: Don't Drive Angry
The Week in Review(s):
- Your own Dallas Observer: Dave follows up on the of the very public tumult that began at Mi Cocina, with a trip to Carolina's Mexican Cuisine, where he says you'll really enjoy the patio, if you can get through the parking lot without starting something.
- Dallas Morning News: Park fails to win over Leslie Brenner (Dave's recent take found the glass closer to half-full). Still, it's a star better than Brenner's frustrating experience at Main Street Chop and Fish House.
Highlights from City of Ate:
- Handle the Proof: Why I Hate the 'Mixology' Trend
What could be a venomous polemic turns quickly into a love letter to cocktails done right.
- Girl Drink Drunk: Mad Men
The latest TV show-themed GDD (you'll recall this one) finds room for the girl drink in a man's drink world.
- Down On The Grass-Fed Farm
If you can put up with the mosquitoes, the long hours and all the bullshit (real and imagined) without going insane, then grass-fed ranching may be right for you.
- Appetite For Instruction: Grammie's Mac and Cheese
When something's really got you down, just let grandma throw a few dishes in the oven and watch how fast it all gets better.