Sloppy Seconds: Underneath The Tropical Sun
The Week in Review(s):
- Your own Dallas Observer: The folks behind Hula Hotties have come a long way from selling hot sauce in Honolulu to dishing up tastes of the island life in Oak Cliff, and this week Dave takes a Hawaiian-influenced taste vacation to their dining room.
- Dallas Morning News: At Urbano Cafe, Leslie Brenner has a quirky, but ultimately pretty good couple of meals. Kim Pierce, meanwhile, can name a few good points about Frisco's Chez Moi, but while the menu's "French-inspired," not everything about the place could be called "inspired."
- D Magazine: Far as Nancy Nichols is concerned, if you're headed to the Four Seasons' Cafe On The Green, Las Colinas is one fine vacation destination.
Highlights from City of Ate:
- Girl Drink Drunk: Lazare
Pop Rocks-studded and carrying a fine pedigree, the drinks at Lazare give the GDD crew a taste of Park Cities -- or, as it shall henceforth be known, "An adventure that cost a shit-ton."
- Whataburger vs McDonald's: Fast Food Fisticuffs
If you seriously thought you could leave Texas and get fast food as good as back home, let Dave set you straight on this count: "Whataburger kicks ass."
- Chef David Uygur Looks At Life After Lola
Because there's no better time than the end of a gig to escape to the beach and count the waves. Or hatch schemes for your next restaurant.
- Top 10 Sexiest Female Chefs In Dallas
That City of Ate swimsuit calendar you've been hearing about? Nothing but lies, and shame on whoever started that rumor. Still, if they're looking for a photographer, I might know a guy...