Sloppy Seconds: Moving On Up
The Week in Review(s):
- Your own Dallas Observer: Dave tries slumming it at Rathbun's Blue Plate Kitchen, where the down-home cooking runs up against Highland Park affectation.
- Dallas Morning News: Si Tapas and Spanish Cuisine gets Leslie Brenner's attention this week, while Kim Pierce gets into Huck's Catfish.
Highlights from City of Ate:
- Top 10 Chefs Who Deserve More Attention
One of these days, these chefs will get the fawning media attention they deserve. Wednesday was one of these days.
- Mia's vs Taco Diner: The Battle of the Briskets
In this corner, the "dirty old favorite" from Oak Lawn. In this corner, the pretty-boy West Village spot with the scenester patio. Who's got what it takes to best the brisket taco competition?
- First Look: The Cupcakery
You can fancy up the exterior all you want, but there's no making up for an overflowing trash can and a so-so cupcake.
- Short Orders: Uptown Pub
Somewhere between Uptown's strip mall roots at the Loon and its fancified West Village makeover, there's the Uptown Pub.