Sloppy Seconds: Who Got the Hooch?
The Week in Review(s):
- Your own Dallas Observer: Way out in Rockwall, with an expert kitchen and a homegrown ethic, Dave finds that AVA is well worth the drive, and maybe even worth changing for, if the servers ask real nice.
- Dallas Morning News: Bailey's Prime Plus gets a single lonely star from Leslie Brenner, who sounds like she might've stumbled into a Cheesecake Factory by mistake.
- Dallas Voice: We're a week late mentioning Arnold Jones' take on Central 214, a strong endorsement of chef Blythe Beck's take-no-prisoners, spare-no-arteries approach in the kitchen.
Highlights from City of Ate:
- Handle the Proof: Moonshine
Trying to cut sugar from her diet, reporter Megan Feldman sleuths out the hidden places this supposedly refined ingredient had been lurking around in our food.
- Hophead: Brooklyn Beer In 'The Brooklyn Of Dallas,' And A Question For Local Beer Lovers
Whether Oak Cliff's image as the Brooklyn of North Texas is self-styled or invented from the outside, Hophead enjoys a taste of Brooklyn Brewery at Eno's Pizza Tavern.
- Veggie Girl: Lazare
In the most suspenseful Veggie Girl episode yet, Alexa places her trust in chef Ryan Carbery to dream up an off-menu vegan meal on the spot.
- First Look: Creme De La Cookie
Folks have tried to distill a profitable upscale bakery from this Snider Plaza location before, but has Creme De La Cookie come up with a recipe for success?