Sloppy Seconds: Blazing A Trail
The Week in Review(s):
- Your own Dallas Observer: Salum is one spot worth staying in the neighborhood for, Dave writes this week, and well worth the trip if you're not from around there.
- Dallas Morning News: Leslie Brenner finds plenty to recommend at AVA... and even more to dislike--although you'll find an entirely different take in next week's Observer. Contributor Kim Pierce is impressed by a few good takes on pan-Asian at Lemongrass Asian Bistro...although you might think she's more than a bit off when you find canned asparagus in the soup.
Highlights from City of Ate:
- Bye Bye, Sugar High
Trying to cut sugar from her diet, reporter Megan Feldman sleuths out the hidden places this supposedly refined ingredient had been lurking around in our food.
- Hophead: Camping Out In The 'Broo-er's Festival' Tent At Bonnaroo
Surrounded by Bonnaroo's tasting menu of the top musical acts around, the festival's biergarten came with plenty of good tasting options.
- Girl Drink Drunk: Lumi Empanada & Dumpling Kitchen
With enough lychee mojitos and pineapple margaritas at Lumi, it's a tropical vacation for the GDD crew, tucked inside a house on McKinney Avenue.
- Dude Food: Hook, Line and Sinker
It doesn't get too much farther off the beaten path than grilled tilapia, but the catfish, the oysters, or anything but the burger get the dude seal of approval.