Sloppy Seconds: Summertime, and the Living's Easy
The Week in Review(s):
- Your own Dallas Observer: A few trips to a Carrollton strip mall transport Dave to a Peruvian family kitchen, or something close to it, a trip he recommends in his review of Inca's.
- Dallas Morning News: The gloves come off in Leslie Brenner's take-down of The Old Warsaw, while contributor Kim Pierce finds the simple pleasures -- meat and sauce -- at Off the Bone.
- Texas Monthly: Five Sixty gets the Pat Sharpe once-over in this month's issue.
Highlights from City of Ate:
- Handle the Proof: Mint Juleps
Dave makes the case that mint juleps aren't just for Kentucky Derby day parties.
- Revolving Doors: A Month to Remember
Goodbye Bliss, and adios to Chef Wok -- but other than that, our ledger shows plenty of new spots opening up.
- Dude Food: Tacos Chano's
It's a mystery what you'll end up paying on your way out, but Jesse still recommends this Oak Cliff Mexican spot.
- Veggie Girl: Ginger Thai
Hearty portions and no-frills Thai earn Veggie girl's recommendation.