Sloppy Seconds: Twists, Turns and the Dining Double-Cross
The Week in Review(s):
- Your own Dallas Observer: Dave travels deep into the Siberian-scale dining desolation of chain-land northwest Dallas, and catches a surprisingly solid seafood option in Nori Sushi Bar and Grill.
- Dallas Morning News: Leslie Brenner visits Central 214, and finds that dressing a restaurant up in a three-digit number isn't enough to make it in Dallas these days. A disappointing bout with Roaster's rounds out her week.
Highlights from City of Ate:
- Hophead: Ephemeral Stardom at the Social House
Mr. and Mrs. Hophead find subtle good taste in the Social House's brew selection, and something else entirely in its karaoke books.
- Pizza By Marco (Part Deux)
Marco -- if that is his real name -- makes the most of his second chance at impressing Veggie Girl with his vegan pizza.
- On the Range: Carnitas
With a nod to straight-forward exteriors, Chris offers a look at one of Tex-Mex's most literally named options.
- Dude Food: Chubby's Family Restaurant
Last, the dining dude puts things in perspective, proving that a place called Chubby's can make you feel just that.