Sloppy Seconds: Hitting the Road
The Week in Review(s):
- Your own Dallas Observer: Agave Tex-Mex, one of the most recent entries into the pantheon of half-Tex, half-Mex eateries, gets the Dish treatment from Dave.
- Dallas Morning News: Leslie Brenner checks out Masaryk Modern Mexican Kitchen and Tequila Lounge, while contributor Kim Pierce finds Con Fusion wanting.
Highlights from City of Ate:
- The Situation Rooms
Not trying to stereotype, but here's how it looks to us: All liberals like blueberry Stoli, and conservatives (the young ones, anyway) are always down for a birthday shot.
- Handle The Proof: Del Maguey Mezcal
Because Kevin Costner road movies have been built on less intriguing lines than this one: "It can be difficult to track down decent, wormless mezcal in Dallas."
- Girl Drink Drunk: Dave & Buster's
Somehow, the most contentious 'Girl Drink' column yet. Come for the Shizzle, stay for the Alien Secretion.
- Dividing Up a Shrinking Pie
Less appetizing than a 'pie' headline would initially suggest, Dave's Monday column tackles the question of which restaurants are most worthy of a review.